Register for the Small School District Leadership Institute
Personalized professional development tailored for small school district leaders.
Don’t travel the leadership road alone.
We are better together.
Join the ‘22-’23 California Small School District Leadership Institute!
The Institute is built around three system pillars:
→ Transformational Leadership
→ High Impact Data and Instruction
→ Effective Governance
Anticipated areas of focus include: development of clear goals with impact for the Board and the Superintendent; alignment and allocation of resources for system improvement; multi-grade level strategies; and capacity building to sustain and scale.
Veteran superintendents and content area experts will serve as Institute faculty to support exploration of improvement design and implementation.
- Full Institute Workshops (6 virtual workshops in total with dates to be determined by participants)
- Common Characteristic Learning Groups (4 virtual meetings in total with dates to be determined by participants)
- Coaching sessions with veteran superintendents and other Institute faculty after each Learning Group (scheduled individually)
- One In-person meeting to celebrate the learnings before the SSDA Conference in March (half-day)
- The dates are to be determined by participants.
- The registration cost includes all sessions, materials, and a digital resource bank including district-specific tools.
- If you are a district under 250 enrollment, please contact SSDA to discuss pricing. Our intention is to not have cost be prohibitive for attendance by any district.
- While superintendents can attend alone, we highly encourage joining with another district colleague to share the learning and ensure learning and action steps can be held by a team.