Western Small and Rural School Summit
Return to School Check-In: What's Working in Your Classroom?
Tuesday, November 17th @ 3-4:30pm PST
Presenter Proposal Deadline: November 12th
The California Small School Districts' Association, in partnership with education leaders from Arizona, Nevada, Oregon and Utah, and the National Rural Education Association (NREA), invite you to submit a Presenter Proposal for our next Western Small and Rural School Summit on Tuesday, November 17th from 3-4:30pm PST.
Our first multi-state Summit held in September (which you can view here) allowed educators to share resources and ideas as they were starting the return to school during these unprecedented times. For this Summit, we will be taking a look at the first few months of the new school year to see what has been working for educators, lessons learned, and new ideas and resources to be shared.
Call for Presentations
- Presentations will again be in the Ignite model, which means each presenter will have 5 minutes to present on their topic. The result is a fast, fun and very focused presentation!
- Each presenter can use a PowerPoint (no more than 20 slides) or just talk -- PowerPoints/visual aids are encouraged, but not required.
- Here are some examples of topics we are looking for presentations on:
- Distance Learning
- Hybrid Learning
- In-Person Learning
- Art and STEM
- Special Education
- EL Learners
- PE/Recess Ideas
- Online Extra Curricular Activities
- Food Services
- Parent Education/Involvement
- Social/Emotional and Mental Health
- Board Governance Tips in COVID era
To submit your Presenter Proposal, please fill out this online form. Proposal Deadline: November 12th. If your proposal is selected, you will be contacted for your time slot and the Zoom link.
Please feel free to forward this on to anyone who you think would be interested in submitting a presenter proposal.
Thank you very much in advance for considering presenting at our Western Small and Rural School Summit!
Any questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org