Keep checking back as there will be more added soon!
Tuesday, May 5th @ 3pm-4pm
Distance Learning STEAM Projects With Piper
Todd Ullah, EdD (former Director of Science with LAUSD)
Chris Bouman, Piper, COO
Distance learning is challenging, especially for hands-on projects! We will showcase a lending library type program where students do STEAM projects at home with online collaboration. With Piper, students build their own computer, learn how to build electronics that work in Minecraft, do some fun coding projects with Google Blockly and all this with minimal guidance from teacher or parent. We will also review safe handling protocols for physical equipment that students take home and return.
There is no charge for this webinar – click here to register
Wednesday, May 6th @ 3pm-4pm
On the Other Side of COVID-19: Budget Forecasting & Cashflow Management for 2020-21 and Beyond
Debi Deal, CFE, CICA, Retired, FCMAT Intervention Specialist & California Charter Authorizing Professional (CCAP) Treasurer
Budget & Forecasting
- Yearend considerations may include some cost savings in some areas or increases in others. We will provide some examples of items to consider as you approach Estimated Actuals.
- What is in store for the multiyear forecast? Major uncertainty and volatility in the economy and how that plays out in building the State budget will affect all local education agencies.
Cash Management & Cash Reserves
- The State is signaling a recession.
- Here we go again! Plan for deferrals, deficits and possible budget cuts.
- Local educational agencies with strong cash reserves will weather the economic downturn better over the long run.
- Start immediately building the cash reserves and trimming the budget.
- Forecast multiple “what if” cash models for at least 24 months.
- A cashflow model will be part of the webinar demonstration.
Thursday, May 7th @ 3-4pm
BYU Continuity in Education and Other Summertime Options
Trent McCall, BYU Academic Outreach Consultant
BYU Continuity of Education – To help schools who have shut down due to COVID-19; BYU with our LMS partner is giving free access to over 100 courses for school teachers to use. We have the technology to download these courses into your current LTI compatible LMS platform through our Publish Anywhere feature. We also have other summertime options to help during this difficult time. There is no charge for this webinar – click here to register