SSDA’s Virtual 2020 Eye On Education Collaborative
September 21-24, 2020
SSDA's Eye On Education Collaborative provides a venue for small school Districts and Charter Schools to meet with educational companies to learn about their newest products and services. Participants will have the opportunity to help shape and offer suggestions in fine-tuning their programs and services to better support small school Districts and Charter Schools, and their students.
And attendees have the chance to receive a $150-$200 student scholarship at every event they attend!
- There is no cost to register for Eye On Education.
- Registration is open to small school District and Charter School superintendents, superintendent/principals, Board members, principals, directors and other leadership staff.
- There is a limit of 3 registrants per District or Charter School per event.
- All sessions will be held virtually via Zoom.
Eye On Education Events
Focus Groups – Attendees will be in a private Zoom meeting with a corporate partner for a 60 minute session. 8 of these will be held during the week, and each is limited to 5 participants, so registration is limited and not guaranteed. If you are selected to participate, Focus Group attendees will receive a $200 student scholarship for successfully attending the session.
- Mon, 9/21 @ 8am-9am -- Curriculum Associates (Leader in research-based, classroom-proven K12 assessment and instruction programs Ready & i-Ready that give every student the chance to succeed.)
- Tues, 9/22 @ 8am-9am -- ClassLink (ClassLink is the leading industry provider for securely managing online digital resources for remote learning, all with unlimited support.)
- Wed, 9/23 @ 8am-9am -- Technology in Education (TiE strives to deliver the very best in classroom technology, distance learning, and STEAM solutions for our partners.)
- Thurs, 9/24 @ 8am-9am -- Teacher's Pension (Teacher’s Pension works with School Districts, LEA’s and Charters to ensure that all employee have a dignified and financially sound retirement providing educational programs and services at no cost to the district or employee.)
- Mon, 9/21 @ 3-4pm -- Eastshore Consulting LLC (Eastshore Consulting provides trusted advice to meet the financial and political needs of California school districts. We offer financial advisory and facilities planning services, bond and parcel tax election strategies, public relations assistance, and fiscal and policy consulting.)
- Tues, 9/22 @ 3-4pm -- STS Education (We offer a high-touch, consultative approach to helping small districts executive their technology plans.)
- Wed, 9/23 @ 3-4pm -- Boardworks Education (Interactive content for K-12 districts and schools.)
- Thurs, 9/24 @ 3pm-4pm -- Development Group Inc. (Development Group, Inc (DGI) is an education-focused technology group committed to serving learners of all ages by making the most essential pieces of education available to all.)
Shark Tanks – At each Shark Tank, 5 corporate partners will pitch all attendees for 3 minutes. At the end of the pitches, attendees will decide which corporate partner they want to go into a breakout session with for a 30 minute presentation. Participants at each Shark Tank will have the opportunity to be randomly selected to receive a $150 student scholarship for attending. Each Shark Tank is 60 minutes long.
- Monday 9/21 @ 12pm-1pm (Companies presenting: PresenceLearning; SitelogIQ; Development Group Inc.; Boardworks Education & NutriStudents K-12)
- Wednesday 9/23 @ 12pm-1pm (Companies presenting: ClassLink; Express Readers Inc.; ThinkLaw; Forecast5 Analytics Inc. & MeTEOR Education)
Speed Zooms – Up to 8 vendors will provide information on their products and services through a Q&A led by SSDA Executive Director Tim Taylor. Participants at each Speed Zoom will have the opportunity to be randomly selected to receive a $150 student scholarship for attending. Each Speed Zoom is 60 minutes long.
- Technology Speed Zoom -- Mon, 9/21 @ 9:30-10:30am (Companies presenting: Technology in Education; ClassLink; Development Group Inc.; Shmoop; Effective School Solutions; and more to come!)
- C&I Speed Zoom -- Tues, 9/22 @ 9:30-10:30am (Companies presenting: PresenceLearning; San Joaquin COE CodeStack; Zaner-Bloser; Boardworks Education; ThinkLaw; Pyjama Drama Learning & National University)
- Financial/Legal Speed Zoom -- Wed, 9/23 @ 9:30-10:30am (Companies presenting: TBD)
- Facilities Management Speed Zoom -- Thurs, 9/24 @ 9:30-10:30am (Companies presenting: Persinger Architects & more to come!)