Look at what attendees had to say about the first session in our Negotiations Training series:
- “What an amazing training … all of this was so helpful!”
- “All aspects were great”
- “I like the small group size!”
- “Materials are professional and relevant … great real life situations”
- “Very informative … looking forward to future sessions”
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to become a better, more effective member of your negotiating team!
SSDA’s Negotiations Training workshop series continues with four additional full-day sessions:
◊ Thursday, November 9th ◊ Show Me the Money!!!
Techniques in Positional Bargaining: The Cost of 1%, Negotiating Total Compensation Including Salary and Employee Benefits • Knowing and Recognizing Union High Pressure Tactics • Understanding Impasse/Mediation/ Fact-finding and Beyond • Applying the Concepts: Bargaining Family Feud (Interactive) • Nightmare at the Bargaining Table: Compensation (Practice Exercise)
◊ Friday, January 12th ◊ Layoffs & Language
Close Up on Contract Language-Pitfalls, Issues, and New Ideas: Layoffs/Reemployment Rights, Association Rights, Evaluations, Hour of Work, Discipline • Achieving Language Changes through the LCAP by using: Supplemental and Concentration Dollars as Compensation to Achieve Increased or Improved Services to Students • Nightmare at the Bargaining Table: Language Changes (Practice Exercise)
◊ Friday, April 13th ◊ Getting the Word Out
External Communication during the Bargaining Process: District Budget, Educational Priorities, Public Updates of the Parties’ Positions in Bargaining • Developing Your District’s Budget Communication (Interactive) • Responding to Union Demands to Bargain “the Effects” of a Policy Change or an LCAP Spending Decision • Nightmare at the Bargaining Table: “Effects” or “Impacts” Bargaining (Practical Exercise)
◊ Friday,June 15th ◊ Looking Forward
Planning Ahead for Bargaining in the 2018-‘19 School Year • Other Matters-TBA
Missed the First Session? No problem! You can still attend!
- Registration for the remaining four full-day workshops is $1,000 per person or $2,250 for 3 members from one district.
- Each day’s program will take place at the SSDA’s offices at 925 L St., Ste. 1400 in Sacramento and runs from 9am to 3pm.
- Registration price includes breakfast and lunch.
- Attendees will need to bring copies of their Collective Bargaining Agreement, Budget, and LCAP to the Sessions.
Questions? Contact email@example.com or call 916-662-7213